Thursday, April 19, 2012

Alternate Ravage/Shred Macro Help

I've been wondering if anyone knew how to make a macro that uses ravage when its available and shred when you can't; not the one where it uses ravage in stealth and shred out of stealth.
Is this because of Stampede? If it is, I've been looking for the same thing.
Yeah. Since stampede allows for the use of a free ravage for 10 seconds even out of stealth, I was thinking of trying to get a macro like this and using Prowl>Feral Charge>Pounce>Ravage>etc... as an opening. Sure I could just bind them in different keys, I'm trying to cut down on the number of keys I'd have to use by figuring out some macros.
This is impossible, Macro's cannot do something different based off a buff. So you either need to macro Ravage to Feral Charge, which makes the most sense anyways, or just use two buttons.
Easy fix, folks.

#showtooltip
/cast Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/click BT4Button14

Change your button around to whatever you have/want, and voila, a working macro. Kind of sucks that you need to put it on another button at ALL, but hey, it's this or use two buttons.

Blizzard needs to fix it; us kitties are waiting!
I'll have to try that out. I was actually thinking that since it's problematic to do a shred/ravage macro like that, maybe trying a macro where it uses pounce in stealth and ravage out of stealth would work out. Gonna try testing that out in a little. For how I plan on using it, it sounds like a perfect alternate solution so hopefully things go well.

(Follow up edit)
Just tried out my idea, works like a charm.

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] Pounce(Cat Form); [nostealth] Ravage(Cat Form)


It doesn't make shred and ravage share the same button anymore, but it at least saves some room and still performs the same function I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment