Thursday, April 19, 2012

Feral dps rotations for pve/pvp??

I'm trying to figure out what the best spec/rotation is for both pve and pvp. I want to roll 2's tomorrow with my hunter buddy tomorrow. Feral/hunter sounds like a nice comp right now but when it comes down to rotations its just all mixed up for me.
Well for PVE, I've had the privilege (some would say ordered) to play as a PVE Feral DPS and Tank on several occasions while leveling, though Late Game I primarily do DPS.

If you're DPS Feral, then your rotation is going to be kinda static until you start getting higher. They've eased up on the Cast Rotation a bit, but there's still a lot of stuff.

Faerie Fire (Feral) is too useful, keep it on and try and stack it while your other abilities are on CD.

Shred is your bread-and butter when partied. Adds a Combo point plus gives you a good portion of your DPS. Claw is useful too (especially if your Hunter buddy doesn't have a pet that can Taunt/Tank), and you get too much aggro.

Rip is your best friend. More like it's your Best Man (or Maid of Honor) at your wedding.

A good Rotation that I've used constantly while leveling is: Prowl, *get behind target*, Shred, Claw, Rake, Rip, Claw, Claw, (Faerie Fire Feral when out of Energy in between), refresh Rip and Rake.

This was what I used constantly since Vanilla WoW (I was Feral Spec before it was useful, HA!). Mangle replaces Claw in the rotation, and if spec'd correctly, when you get Feral Charge (Cat), your rotation turns into: Prowl, Pounce (Optional, it stuns, Bleeds), Ravage (Since the spec should have your Ragave not require to be prowling for six seconds after using Feral Charge [Cat]), Shred, Mangle, Rake, Rip, Faerie Fire Feral, Mangle, Tiger's Fury, Mangle, Ferocious Bite, Mangle, Refresh Rip/Rake as needed. For a Spec, You can look at mine, other Druids may not agree where I put points, but it seems to be the one that works best for me.

That's for the DPS, if your Hunter Buddy has a Pet that can Tank. If they don't, I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge on Tanking but I can offer some advice from when I was a Tank for BC dungeons and the rare occasions I have to Tank because ours dies in Instance Runs.

Faerie Fire Feral: Grabs a bit of aggro and lowers armor for your buddie's DPS.

Feral Charge (Bear): Point A to B and interupts (I think).

Bash: Always useful for a Stun.

Savage Roar: Builds a bit of agg if I remember, and lowers enemies attack power in a short radius.

You have two taunts: One's a single target Taunt, the other is AOE, the AOE is useful if a mob starts going after the other members in the party, otherwise the Single Target has a couple second cooldown.

Swipe: Was Spamable, but now has a couple second CD, not as useful as Thrash, but that's higher up there.

Maul: Spam it as fast as you can.

Rotation: I don't have as much experience Tanking, but from what I've done, I'd say a Rotation would look like:

Faerie Fire Feral (Moonfire then Shift if you don't have it, or Enrage+Feral Charge [Bear]), Savage Roar, Maul.

For higher level Tanking I'd say: [b]Feral Charge (Bear), Faerie Fire Feral, Enrage, Savage Roar, Swipe, Maul, Mangle, Lacerate x 3 (Then either use Pulverize, or keep them refreshed), Thrash, Use Bash when needed.

For the Spec. I'd go with: Six points in Restoration like I have: Natural Shapeshiver 2, Heart of the Wild 3, and Master Shapeshifter 1. This increases your damage and survivability in your Bear and Cat Forms.

My build is currently Feral DPS, but the one's that I would say you definatly need:

King of the Jungle and Primal Madness: For Bear, you need Rage to taunt, build and keep aggro, and for Cat form, being able to manage your energy usage is key. Having Tiger's Fury give you instant 60 Energy is indespensible.

Feral Charge: Must have for both forms.

Survival Instincts: Increases survivability by reducing damage.

Thickened Hide: Useful to keep your Armor up in Bear.

Natural Reaction: I can see it's usefullness in some situations.

These are just my thoughts, and as I said, I'm a Feral DPS, but I'm able to jump to Tank if my group absolutely needs it (Tank Deaths suck). Hope it helped a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment