Saturday, April 21, 2012

moonkin dps with resto gear?

so I'm just wondering if anyone who would have more insight be able to tell me if using my resto gear as balance spec would be ideal or would I be nerfing my dps a bit? I mean being that I get hit from spirit and such I don't see it as being a bad idea but maybe i'm missing the big picture.

sorry if it seems like a dumb question but I've just been wondering if I'm doing it wrong so to speak.
No, it would not be ideal, but you work with what you have to.

Ideally, after you reach the hit cap, you would try to get items that have Sta/Int and two DPS stats.
If you are over the hit cap, you have wasted stats and are nerfing your DPS. I had something like 40% hit in healing gear on the PTR when I tried out a moonkin spec at level 80 in my resto gear, so that would be a lot of wasted DPS stats. Ideally you want to reach the hit cap and not go over.

No comments:

Post a Comment