Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DvG (Druid vs Group)

Lame title aside, since the shattering patch I've found on both my 80 druid and my rerolled 70 druid, that aside from being dps, I am constantly having to fight with my group.

For healing, the 80 has fewer issues, due to a higher gear level, but on my 70, whom I leveled solely through the dungeon finder, I am having to plead with my tank to take less mobs when pulling. This usually results in verbal abuse (omg so sensitive -_-) or a vote to kick after I oom trying to spam emerge heals on the tank, dps, and myself after pulling agro quite easily.

On the tanking end, again not so much an issue at 80, but certainly at lower levels, is the issue of threat gen. I CANNOT hold agro against aoe kings and people who decide to burst down a target I don't have threat built up on, IE a caster mob out of range who I've swiped and got 1 lacerate on, rather than been able to mangle and the whole shebang.

Now although this is partly a QQ thread (FLAME ON!) I'm not saying druids are broken, or even less than they were. Although I preferred the rejuv blanketing, mass raiding healing druids of old, I do still quite enjoy the new playstyle, and will probably come to love it just the same. Although mana WILL become an issue in terms of having to work to keep it, I think at 85 all healing classes will come into their own. I'll give blizz lots of credit in saying that they've done quite well at balancing and cropping classes over the past few years, certainly compared to "vanilla" (I'm so cool cuz I was there)

HOWEVER, I do have some issues with the grp leveling experience, and while not the main focus of the game, is a HUGE part of it, and has always been one of my favourite parts.

Alot of this is user related. There's no more "godmode" as the devs stated. We may actually have to work together as a group. There may be some need for cc *gasp* The problem is that we've played a game that has allowed us to do speedruns and hit the reset button when our grp is "fail" (1 person dying...) and use automated lfg to find more suitable elitist company. But the times they are a-changing, and my only wish is that blizz could come up with an effiecient way to let players know that, besides trial and error (and countless "f u healz")

My only suggestions for changing the druid class would be to change lifebloom from 1 target at a time, to maximum 3 stacks divided up however the druid should decide IE 2 stacks on tank, 1 on dps hit by an aoe, or 3 stacks on tank for boss fight. Also, bear dps pales in comparison to other tanks, which is obviously a concern for threat gen, and I think the old maul damage would help with that.

Anyhugh, sorry for the text wall. As I said before, Flame on.

No comments:

Post a Comment