Saturday, April 21, 2012

pvp items decreasing dps?

ok i am a druid who was using the staff engraved gargoyle femor i switched it with a arena dagger with a ilevel of 264 and it increased my spell power by like 400 and it seems to me that my dps decreased my hit is fine and i also have a offhand to use with the dagger my questin is does using pvp items for dps when not in pvp lower your dps? it seems to me that with the dagger my dps decreased by like 2k which makes no sense since the dagger is like 3 times better then my old staff does anyone have any idea why this may be?
Your dps decreased for some other reason, PvP items do not lower your damage when not in PvP.
do you have any idea why my dps might be lower
Umm first off did you replace a lot of items about the same time, cause I seeing you without any chants on some stuff. I would not think a dif of 30 haste would matter at all much. The dag has the better dps stats. Must be something in your rotation, I see you have mixed the resto t10 and the bal t10 but still that isnt the problem, not if you are saying you lost that much dps.
I think you have a bugged damage meter, 2k dps loss is tremendous,and not accounted for in any of the gear changes you could have made.

I would remove w/e addon you are using to read damage and get the latest version. I personally like skada very accurate.
i wasnt using a addon i tested it n a dummy and most of my items have enchants and that shouldnt make a huge difference if a couple dont have enchants and i only replaced my weapon also the shoulderpads i baught on accident lol and my rotation is fine also i havent switched anything different from when i was using my staff
How are you getting dps numbers..like what are your before and after.

And when you put the staff back on does the dps go back up...cause this is strange, unless you had a very high lat or lag spike at the time you tested
when i put my staff back on my dps goes back up with the staff on my normal damage is like 6 to 7k and whith the dagger my damage is like 4 to 5k somtimes 6k
lets look at the items..
Engraved Gargoyle Femur
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Staff
214 - 323 Damage Speed 3.00
(89.5 damage per second)
+219 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 80
Item Level 232
Equip: Improves hit rating by 113 (4.31% @ L80).
Equip: Improves haste rating by 86 (2.62% @ L80).
Equip: Increases spell power by 689.
Wrathful Gladiator's Blade of Alacrity
Binds when picked up
Main Hand Dagger
126 - 236 Damage Speed 1.60
(113.4 damage per second)
+132 Stamina
Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 80
Item Level 264
Requires personal and team arena rating of 1800
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 51 (0.54% @ L80).
Equip: Improves haste rating by 51 (1.56% @ L80).
Equip: Increases spell power by 924.
plus you have ...
Wrathful Gladiator's Endgame
Binds when picked up
Held In Off-hand
+136 Stamina
+95 Intellect
Requires Level 80
Item Level 270
Requires personal and team arena rating of 1800
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 63 (1.37% @ L80).
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 63 (0.67% @ L80).
It just doesnt make sense
Is your hit rating capped?
ikr lol thats what i said
Well im not seeing it..im sure someone will point something out, but for me the only thing I would think is its a fluke and your meter was off. But you said you didnt use a meter so I am stumped as to why you have a 2k dps loss.
You know I was just wondering if maybe stat scaling on the staff are wrong err bugged maybe its giving way more sp haste ect than in the tool tip.

That or the dag is giving less than the tooltip...hmm I may have to dig my old staff out of the bank and see, I hope I still have it
i wasnt using a addon i tested it n a dummy and most of my items have enchants and that shouldnt make a huge difference if a couple dont have enchants and i only replaced my weapon also the shoulderpads i baught on accident lol and my rotation is fine also i havent switched anything different from when i was using my staff


Not using an addon? You were either using an addon, using something to analyze a combat log, or trying to manually compute dps from some form of combat log either in or out of game. All of these can result in errors. Honestly this looks like a bad attempt at trolling people, if it isn't most anything that is computing your dps for you will let you look at some of the details. Some things to look for: DoTs being less of your dps due to lower uptime, any misses indicating your hit is not in fact fine, difference in partial resists (both were on the same level dummy, right?), and other massive differences in dps composition - dps loss from gear tends to affect everything relatively equally, while differences in what you do while testing won't. I'm very inclined to believe that it's a difference in what you did, as it takes a ton of gear to result in 2k dps, while doing things differently can easily do something like that.
lol im not trying to troll people... yes same dummy and my hit has a 0.00% chance to miss on a level 83 raid boss
idk maybe i am imaging it but i swore it looked like i was doing less damage :/
How can you tell how much damage you are doing if you are not using some sort of addon to track it?

Looking at the floating combat text or scrolling through your combat log isn't really going to give you a very good sense of what kind of damage you are doing.


i know but i thought since with the staff if im doing 6k to 8k and with the dagger im doing like 5k to 6k then my dps must be lower with the dagger
But how do you know how much dps you are doing if you are not using a mod like recount?
Sigh.
This man is a champion of truthiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment