Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Help with healing

All i wanted for Christmas was a smooth PUG. Having read all of the stickies i could find, i'm still having a hard time healing. For instance, my first PUG was SFK with a DK tank, 2 paladins DPSing, and a mage. Using the rotation of 3 LB on tank + Rejuv, nourish to keep tank up/lb on, I was having a very hard time keeping DPS alive. I'm trying to figure out if there was an AOE problem that kept killing the melee or if i'm failing at healing. I've been using effloresence, wild growth, and healing touch when possible to top off DPS, but my first priority has been keeping the tank and I alive. We wiped at least 5 times on Commander Springvale before i finally gave up. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated I post in the class thread because outside of the lvl 1 trolls complaining about feral PVP, we seem a bit more mature than some forums. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I gave up on healing in LFD because I was running out of mana constantly and my big "uh oh" heals like Healing Touch are not scaled properly for a Level 85. I had to drink after every fight and beg for the group to crowd control.

If it's any consolation, when I doing dps a resto shaman was having the same exact problems. Running out of mana in big fights and her big heals were not keeping the tank up. She had no chance to think about healing dps. We only completed the dungeon because I switched to a secondary heal.

Blizz really needs to address some of these problems. I know they are trying to keep things more of a challenge but I had zero fun healing, and was being blamed for wipes when I simply ran out of mana even though my mana pool was larger than anyone there. I don't see paladins having healing problems. (On another note, I did see paladin tanks not using some of their tanking abilities to reduce damage, a sloppy side effect of the easy time they had in LK).

I think it's resolved by giving some more gusto to Healing Touch and Greater Healing Wave, that way it won't feel like a constant struggle to keep a tank up and it won't affect greatly pvp because of the longer cast times involved.

So in more direct answer to your question, I don't think it's you. You are already gemming for intellect and it's obvious we need 2x the mana pool or a bigger heal in our kit to compensate for increased dungeon damage being done to tanks and larger health pools of tanks.
I'm glad that i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I just wonder if i'm not being proactive enough with keeping the DPS up, or informing them it's alright to stand in the green stuff... I don't like being jeered out of a heroic because i can't keep everyone up! I've tanked a fair amount of heroic bosses, and it seems that paladin healers have it easiest. Cata is still new, we're still relearning our classes and roles- let's up it gets better. merry christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment