Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4.01 Swipe macro help

I prefer to add maul to all my abilites to save myself from having to hit that button so many times. However, i've been successful with every skill except swipe. I'm not sure what im doing wrong.
Currently, i have:
#showtooltip
/cast Swipe (bear)
/cast !Maul
It works like everything, but the swipe part does not work. Anyone know how to fix it?
Did you shift-click the ability from your spellbook?

And maybe I'm missing something, but why the exclamation point?
I'm no macro expert - but at a Guess is it something to do with swipe not being a targetted attack anymore - its a full aoe like demo roar right? Maybe that messes with your macro.

Also I'm not sure that macros like these would be very good for bear tanking anymore - because maul is now an instant attack on cooldown rather than a 'fire on next swing'. I was told this means you lose half a global while the game checks cooldowns before triggering your attack.
Ah ok, thanks, the macros were very old, and i was too lazy to update them. But yeah, i was having problems with the syntax for the swipe part. Thanks

To the above poster, Maul is off the GCD, so it won't be checking for anything other than Maul. There is no .5 second delay.


Oh its off GCD? Had no idea - might have to macro that in then... At least as long as rage isn't an issue there's no point not using it on cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment