Saturday, April 21, 2012

Night Elf or Worgen?

Want your opinions, thanks.

Also a quick question- Can Worgen's ride normal mounts too, or just their run wild form ( or whatever TF it's called)
Worgen is best for cat, balance and resto specs because of the 1% crit bonus. Night elf is better for bears because of the 2% miss bonus.

And yes, worgen can ride mounts as well as use their running wild ability.
I like elf, I guess I'm still new to the worgens, so might take some time for me to warm upto them.

The answer is obvious. Shadowmeld -> Swift Flight Form.
Night Elves are good for cats too. They have a built in chance of not bein' seen as much while Prowling. Combined with the Feral Tree, and they're even HARDER to see while prowling, thus allowing an easier time to sneak up on Mobs and annoying PvPers! Wisp form is also a nice way to recover when crap does happen, less time spent running to your body, the faster you can get back into the game. That's where their active ability comes in handy, as Shadowmeld is a light feign death... or maybe more like an extend Fade. Just hit it, wait 'till combat's over, then run for your dear life, something druids are really good at.

Worgen, like they said, are good all around, with their extra crit bonus. If you enjoy skinning, which you can do while shape-shifted, you just got a free 15 points and only take 0.5 seconds to skin now. Less time skinning means quicker profits and quicker time getting back into the quests. Their active ability is useful too, just get into cat form, Sprint, when that's over, Darkflight, and by then, you should be well out of combat range and can poof yourself into your Flight Form and run for it.

I'll admit, I like the idea of Worgen better, as you'll never need a mount with Running Wild, so it makes the whole feral-animal-lover-thing work better. Night Elves have the extra lore backin' up their druidness, though, so it's a hard one to decide...
If you care about looks, Worgen do have the better-looking forms. Also, Darkflight is pretty useful in some situations. Say you're kiting someone and need to heal up but can't afford to lose travel form's speed. Darkflight and HoT yourself up.
I use shadowmeld too often to give it up. Using it as an interupt and to drop pets off me or to get to flight form. If you use shadowmeld a lot it's worth it. But wargon seem to have more obviously good racials.
Worgen druid just seems kind've stupid to me. Hell worgen anything non-rogue/warrior seems stupid to me, but druid especially.

"Hi I've been cursed to lose control of my higher functioning self and morph into a savage animal likely to rip your face off. The only reason this doesn't happen is because I've mastered some zen buddhist crap and I can wuu-sa myself into a tranquil state of not ripping your face off. Oh by the way the night elves felt bad and trained me to be a druid and I can shift into all sorts of other fun animals even though I am STRUGGLING with not going all wolf mode and ripping your face off right this very second"

It just doesn't work for me.

That and shadowmeld is awesome for wipe prevention.
meld is great for wpvp due to sff, but with most wpvp at cap taking place in north / south tol barad, this limits the usefulness outside of levelling. it is still great for resets when you have no dots or drop combat to mount regularly.

darkflight has saved me many times in tol barad & elsewhere. it's almost always on cooldown. caster kite while refreshing hots, then chain it to cat dash. i am still trying to find the best times to use DF offensively, mostly i use it against frost mage, or when focused in bear ( now that you can go bear -> bear without losing vengeance, shift-breaking w/ darkflight can land some pretty large mangles ).

also, running wild has such a low profile that it is the most advantageous mount to use in pvp ( imo! ).
I"m very tempted to go Worgen, but after having shadowmeld for years, I don't think I can live w/o it. Its a repair bill saver, Oh crap moment saver, and allows you to ignore random agro.
My boyfriend and I were going to level Worgen druids as a couple. I tolerated the female Worgen's burly man-walk with clenched fists long enough to experience Running Wild. While Running Wild is excellent, I just couldn't tolerate her walk. My boyfriend tried to convince me to stay Worgen because I'd be in some sort of form most of the time, but I couldn't be convinced.

I race-changed to a night elf, and am much happier regarding the aesthetics. Call me cliché and/or traditional, but I like my females to walk like females regardless of their broken minds and inner rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment