Thursday, April 12, 2012

Roots change is awful / suggestions to help

[:1]I'm pretty good at WoW. I'm also pretty good at Moonkin. I got brutal gladiator as balance spec, and I consistently finish in the top 10 or better each season as resto and balance.

What do you want me to do here blizzard? I work with you give me, but this spec is just train city right now, and you're taking away one of our outs? With the number of snare breaks in the game, roots was hardly useful anyways. But that 1-2 seconds before they break the snare can be game breaking, and you're taking it away? This change is obviously not meant for balance druids, because if it was clearly thought out it would never have happened.

Suggestions and fixes besides just roots for balance druids:

Make instant roots part of a talent that resto/ferals can't get it, easily solvable solution.

Change Owlkin Frenzy to a defensive talent. Our damage is ok when we can cast, but the problem is living long enough to ever cast. I suggest making it a 33/66/100% chance to heal the moonkin for 10-15% of max hp over 5 seconds. Effect can't occur more than once every 10 seconds. This helps our survivability since our heals completely suck now, and if you don't give us back instant roots will make up for the fact that we can't escape a wet paper bag, let alone a melee class going crazy for us.

But seriously, give us back instant roots. And add survivability. Or else.
The roots nerf is an outrage, however chances are blizz wont fix it. Lets take a few moments to remember how good roots was. Saves my pug group probably every time a fire elemental appears on valiona.
Instant roots was one of the most fun additions to the druid class. I'd rather have instant roots than starfall or typhoon. This nerf is a bad decision.
Nice idea. Yeah, our healing is horrible now as balance. We can't survive very well either. Something has to be done. :( Shame to see us lose instant roots too.
I really don't understand Blizzard sometimes..why do roots need a nerf?
Balance is struggling with control in pvp with bad mushroom snares,
SS KD removal before we barely got to use it and now roots aren't instant?
What are we supposed to do? 5 yrd typhoon? What a joke.

And the new glyph itself? .2 sec reduction? What is that?
Not to mention the nerf to PvE this is as well, if a stray add is going towards my healers I'd like to be able to do something quickly.

Revert the change please or give us something even better like mentioned above.
I'm almost a loss for words. This is an unbelievably horrible change.
they really want me to go feral :(

No comments:

Post a Comment